On Saturday, December 10th, a special holiday event is coming to NorthWest Crossing for children who still believe…
Saturday, December 10th
Summit High School Commons
4:30 – 8:00pm
Special Holiday screening of The Polar Express (rated PG, starring Tom Hanks)
$15/child (admission includes movie, pizza dinner, pre-movie games and crafts, a visit from Santa, childcare by Mama Bear Oden and Summit High music students and more!)
Presented by NorthWest Crossing and Umpqua Bank
Children are encouraged to wear their pajamas!
This is a Parent’s Night Out for potty-trained children aged 3 and older. Children under the age of 3 may be accompanied by a parent or guardian at no charge. Parents may register at the door! Click here to download a registration form.
4:30pm – doors open
4:30 – 5:30pm – pizza dinner
5:30pm – pre-movie crafts & games
6:00pm – movie (popcorn and hot chocolate served during movie)
7:30pm – movie concludes; visit from “The Big Guy” himself
8:00 – parent pick-up
Proceeds benefit the Summit High School Friends of Music Fund. Special thanks to Umpqua Bank, Mama Bear Oden’s Preschool, Pisano’s Pizza, Summit High School and the Friends of Music Board for making this magical event happen!
While kids are enjoying the movie and activities, parents get to enjoy special holiday merriment in the NorthWest Crossing Neighborhood Center:
• Shopping at the Holiday Marketplace (former Healthy Paws store), featuring handmade products from NWX neighbors. Beautiful jewelry, scarves, blankets, artwork and more will be available for convenient holiday gifts!
Featured artists include:
– Kim Gilchrist, upcycled tote bags & pillows, eco-friendly snack/sandwich bags
– Suzanne Iselin, beach glass jewelry & charms
– Laurie Thorson, crocheted scarves
– Diana Lawlis, quilted blankets, placemats, table runners, wall hangings
– Vicki Roadman, mixed media fiber collage
– Kathy Houlihan, knit hats, ear warmers, scarves
– Charlene Shuey, old-fashioned crocheted gifts
– Karen Ermisch, beaded jewelry
• Free gift wrapping from 4:30 – 7:30pm at Umpqua Bank, in conjunction with Sparrow Club
• Live music by Aisea Taimani from 7pm-9pm at portello winecafé, in addition to some great holiday specials: $12 off any bottle of wine “to go” and a $10 “thank you” card for every $50 gift card purchased.
• Strolling carolers provided by the Summit High Choir (and maybe even Santa, if we’re lucky!)
• Stop by LOOK! Salon for free hot cider and hot cocoa and enter to win spa gifts all night long! Inside, shop for handmade jewelry and skin care products for the women in your life (or maybe even yourself!); Need a few stocking stuffers? Look! is donating 10% of all gift card sales this night to the Family Access Network (FAN)
• Live music by Chris Novack at Pisano’s Pizza.
• The new All Mixed-Up is celebrating with hors d’oeuvres, champagne punch and a variety of complimentary liqueurs that can be added (or not!) to frozen yogurts.
• Live music by the Sophie Cashman Trio and shopping fun at Sara Bella Upcycled Boutique.
• Open House at BendFilm. Oregon Spirit Distillers will be serving hot toddies, hot chocolate, spiced cider and coffee/tea. BendFilm will also be providing gift baskets to those who purchase BendFilm memberships. All merchandise will be 15-20% off and they will be screening some of the short films featured in the 2011 festival.
• While Sage Cafe will be closed at 5pm, they will generously donate a portion of their sales all day on December 10th to Sparrow Clubs.
• And more specials from your favorite NWX businesses…